me Me ME

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Irritated by the sight of mosquitoes flying around in my house.

As I was trying to kill them, I asked myself, why do I want to kill them? An immediate thought came to my mind, “because they are irritating!!” “so u are killing them just because they are irritating?” my conscience reprimanded me. “because they suck my blood, because they cause my hand and legs to swell after they bite me, because, aha, they can very well be those dengue mosquitoes, their bites can be fatal!” I smiled to myself in triumphant after coming up with these excuses.

Suddenly a thought struck me, aren’t human are like mosquitoes to the Earth? We depleted the Earth’s resource, which is worse than mosquitoes which suck our blood, we are the cause of all pollutions, making the Earth ugly and dirty, juz like the swells that mosquitoes incurred on us. Summing up depletion of the Earth’s resources, land, water and air pollution, global warming and many other acts or effects from our acts, all these could very well kill the Earth, just like how dengue fever kills.

We regarded mosquitoes as pest, so are we pest to the Earth as well?

“But we did tried to reduce the harm we exert on the Earth.”
“So if the mosquitoes decide to give u a bite that swells to a 10cent coin swell rather than one of a 50cent coin swell, would u appreciate it?”

Although we did plant trees, do cleaning up and take some other actions to help recover the Earth, but what is the ratio of the entire human race that are doing it? Mosquitoes also help in pollination but we still treats it as pest as it does more harm than good to us.

At the end of the day, unless we get majority of the human race to recover>harm the Earth, we remained as pests.

P.S. As I was thinking, I received some mosquitoes’ bites and the Earth also had received a few more blows from human from some places in the Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home